Monday, December 3, 2007

DeidreAnn's Po-antics


I heard him say to me
things that made me cry for me
but being the only I I
looked into the mirror's eye and saw still peace,
which I took a piece of and broke it into pieces of thousandths and tenths
and told myself that this could make mends
between those high in power and those weak in stature.
But who was I to fool myself?
These tools couldn't do so much without the help of something else;
clouds formed over and the rain began to fall
the all that I sought to put in became dampened.
Yes! I had once said to I; yes, these little pieces would change the world!
I believed then that they were just in concentrated form
and once placed in the body they would infect, positively.
Now in my dampened state my exclmation has been dilluted.
My many reflections of peace, so tiny and so small, were undervalued
and upon his return the things I anticipated no longer mattered
because the feeling of one day ascending out of my shame stuck like a bloddy copper to my tongue
grabbing me
small sizing me
and reducing me
just like he was.
Presently I no longer need him,
neither am I any harm to myself.
My many pieces of reflection never showed me peace.
Only cowardice.

DeidreAnn

No comments: