Friday, December 7, 2007

Saturday Morning

Clouds of grey hang over the trees
Their leaves have long since fallen
The trees give no more shade
From these clouds fall snow
A soft blanket to warm
The black slab of granite
That stands alone in a sea
Of other slabs of granite
That hold no importance to me
It’s quiet
Not many people come here
Depressing, they say
But I find it peaceful
In this blanket of white
My back rests against the granite
And it’s cold,
But I know he appreciates the visit
So I don’t mind
I talk to him sometimes
But I think he likes the silence more
So I let my thoughts roam instead
To brighter and warmer times
I try not to let a single tear
Escape my eyes
I wouldn’t want him to know my pain
Pain that, though not fresh
Is still present in my soul
Though the pain though
Is the comfort of being near him
As I sit in this blanket of white
And watch the snow fall
I feel at peace

Love, Kendra

No comments: